# 03.07.2007 2:25:21 -07:00
Hi,

I ran into the problem that het existing LinkControl only accept URL containing a max of 255 characters. When I create a WI I want to reference my source documentation stored on the project portal. The URL to reference this often exceeds 255 characters.

It would be nice to use a control that contains a URL and/or a human readable text and is clickable. This way a WI can be traced back to it’s original source documentation.

grtz Pierre Bakker
# 02.11.2007 9:20:37 -07:00
I ran into the problem that het existing LinkControl only accept URL containing a max of 255 characters.

Or just a hyper-link control with static text and link so you can point users to a web page to get your custom controls would be extremely helpful as a built-in control.
# 06.11.2007 16:30:14 -08:00
In the past we used to have that limit of 255 characters for artifact links. but we have increased that limit now.

Dustin, thats a great suggestion. we are seriously investigating some options to make our forms more user friendly and to make the custom control deployment process easier. One option we are considering is adding hyperlinks to labels. For example, we can make the custom control's label a hyperlink that allow the users to download the custom control.