# 10.10.2007 21:33:43 -07:00
I installed the downloaded WitCustomControlSetup.msi and then tried to test a multivalue control as outlined here and alas get this message when I try to add a new bug which contains the control:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.MultiValueCustomControl.MultiValueResource.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "CodePlex.WitCustomControls" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.
OK

It's chinese to me. What does this mean?
# 18.10.2007 0:58:03 -07:00
Well I had the same issue, so I had to get the latest version and check it out.

The issue is from the MultiValueResource.resx file, to resolve it, just copy its content, remove the file and the MultiValueResource.Designer.cs and create a new file with the same name, paste the content once again in it.

You'll also need to add using CodePlex.WitCustomControls.MultiValueControl to the MultiValueControl.cs for those changes.

Hope that will help.

Regards
# 18.10.2007 20:32:41 -07:00
Abadawi,

Thanks enormously. In fact all I did was get the latest source and try again and the problem was gone. Didn't need to do any other trickery. It seems it was a transient bug in the downloadable implementation. All is good now and it works.
# 28.01.2008 19:54:03 -08:00
Just as a related note, I also got this message (with the latest release)

I traced it and it given an error in the catch exception of the InvalidateDatasource() method
catch (Exception ex)
{
MessageBox.Show(ex.Message, MultiValueResource.MultiValueControl, MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error);
}
}
}

So I read the install instructions carefully and I found that my WI defintion was incorrect. First my first value was missing a [. and the second thing is that I doing AllowedValues, instead of SuggestedValues.

# 30.01.2008 18:52:26 -08:00
There was some problems with migrating this control. I have removed the resx file and used a static class now. This should eliminate the problem.

Thank you for reporting this.