# 10.11.2016 10:43:57 -08:00
We are currently running TFS Update 3. I have installed the Multivalue control 1.3.2.1 on the TFS Application server and installed the WitCustomControl 1.3.1.0 on my desktop.

I have configured out Requirement WIT to use the Multivaluecontrol here is the corresponding xml:
<FIELD name="Technology Domain" refname="WPS.TechnologyDomain" type="String" reportable="dimension">
    <ALLOWEDVALUES expanditems="true">
      <LISTITEM value="[Business Rules Engine]" />
      <LISTITEM value="[Cobol]" />
      <LISTITEM value="[Data Warehouse]" />
      <LISTITEM value="[Image Central]" />
      <LISTITEM value="[Other]" />
      <LISTITEM value="[Portal/WEB/CRM]" />
    </ALLOWEDVALUES>
  </FIELD>
Here is where the control is referenced:
<Control FieldName="WPS.TechnologyDomain" Type="MultiValueControl" Label="Technology Domain" LabelPosition="Left">
                      <CustomControlOptions />
                    </Control>
The first issue is when I go to the Web interface I can create a requirement and I see in the form a drop down and all the values. If I select just one of them everything is ok. If I select more than one and I get an error at the top of the form next to the Requirement ID:
The field 'Technology Domain' contains the value '[Business Rules Engine];[Cobol]' that is not in the list of supported values.

It seems that there is some sort of validation being done, but I don't know how to fix this.

The second issue is it I try and create a requirement in the same project from Visual Studio, when I select the tab that contains that field and control, I get the following error message:
"Technology Domain does not have any values to list in the multiple value control. See Work item Tracking Multiple Value Control.doc for details on defining a field to support the multiple value control.

Any Thoughts?
# 10.11.2016 11:12:56 -08:00
So after further review I discovered the problem. For the list I chose Allowed Values, that's why it failed on both cases. When I switched it to suggested Values both scenarios (Web and VS client) worked.

Here is the updated XML:
<ALLOWEDVALUES expanditems="true">
  <LISTITEM value="[Business Rules Engine]" />
  <LISTITEM value="[Cobol]" />
  <LISTITEM value="[Data Warehouse]" />
  <LISTITEM value="[Image Central]" />
  <LISTITEM value="[Other]" />
  <LISTITEM value="[Portal/WEB/CRM]" />
</SUGGESTEDVALUES>
</FIELD>