# 30.06.2008 11:26:52 -07:00
Hi All,
  I am trying to get the Custom Control to work, I have downloaded Naren's example and these controls as well. Let me give you a little background. I am running a TFS Server 2005 with SP1 on it, the current .dll Version Numbers are 8.0.50727.147. It looks like Team Explorer on the Server machine doesn't have an SP applied to it, but I can't really tell and don't know if this is needed, is this something that would keep me from importing the custom control?

Also, I have Team Edition for Developers installed on my client machine, with the SP that goes with it. Again, the dll version numbers are the same. When I compile Naren's example code, I get the 'IWorkItemControl.AfterUpdateDatasource' in explicit interface declaration is not a member of interface error. When I remove the IWorkItemControl portion of it, I can compile.

When I try to import the CustomControl after adding it to the xml, I get the following error: 
Xml validation error at row 263, column 13: The 'Type' attribute is invalid - The value 'WebBrowserControl' is invalid according to its datatype 'ValidControlsType' - The Enumeration constraint failed.
As you can see I was was trying to get the WebBrowserControl to work in this instance, however, none of the other controls work either.

Now the following directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Team Foundation\Work Item Tracking\Custom Controls didn't exist on the Server or my client machine and I had to add it in both cases to put the .wicc and .dll files.

What am I missing here? I am not sure if I have the correct dll version, 8.0.50727.147, are these the correct ones? If so, why am I getting the Interface error? Is there any other service pack that I need to install? Will these controls even worl with TFS 2005 with SP1?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Kari

# 03.07.2008 16:28:14 -07:00
hmm. i think you have the RTM dlls not SP1, you shouldnt need to remove 'IWorkItemControl.AfterUpdateDatasource' on SP1.

here the version numbers:

8.0.50727.43 = Beta 3 Refresh
8.0.50727.127 = Release Candidate
8.0.50727.147 = RTM (final shipping release of the product)
8.0.50727.762 = Visual Studio 2005 SP1