# 09.09.2007 23:18:56 -07:00
Hello Everyone,
I have download the Install Package and run it on the local and server but i cant find those files any where.
There is some thing i missed? I have to work with SP1 ?
# 13.09.2007 13:05:07 -07:00
The files shoule be installed at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Team Foundation\Work Item Tracking\Custom Controls. Can you check if the files have been copied there?

And, yes, to use WIT Custom Controls you need TFS SP1.

rakolodo wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I have download the Install Package and run it on the local and server but i cant find those files any where.
There is some thing i missed? I have to work with SP1 ?

# 09.11.2007 9:22:08 -08:00
Can you please be more specific of what exactly we need to have installed on the client machine (running Visual Studio 2005 with Team Explorer) and what installed on the TFS server machine? I seem to have TFS Sp1 installed on the server, but I can't seem to find the exact path you mention above (or the one mentioned in Naren's blog by that matter). Thank you so much for all your help...
# 14.11.2007 10:42:32 -08:00
On the client you need to have visual studio 2005 and team explorer upgraded to SP1. When you open the about dialog make sure you dont confuse your .Net framework version with Visual Studio version as you may have SP1 for the .Net framework but not visual studio. Here is the link to get SP1 if you dont have it installed already: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/bb265237.aspx

The custom control files (the .dll and .wicc files) should be placed in %AppData%\Microsoft\Team Foundation\Work Item Tracking\Custom Controls

%AppData% may vary. Typically the custom controls path on windows vista its "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Team Foundation\Work Item Tracking\Custom Controls", and on my windows 2003 box its "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Team Foundation\Work Item Tracking\Custom Controls". I would guess in XP it is similar to windows 2003.

-Hayder