# 27.05.2008 3:34:47 -07:00
I copied the *.wicc and Dlls to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Team Foundation\Work Item Tracking\Custom Controls" on the client machine, as I understand that's the whole installation process, next I start VS2008, open TeamExplorer and click on a WorkItem, but aside the usual WI Form I don't see any new controls.

What is it that I'm doing wrong?
# 27.05.2008 8:01:29 -07:00
Just to make sure: you have updated the work item definition where you want the control to appear? Double-check that the change you've made is there, I've had problems when using the Process Template editor live against the WITs on a server. Export the WIT, look at it locally and make sure the field definition is ok.

The other thing I can think of rigth away is that VS will cache the WI definitions and then a refresh in the Team Explorer will make it work.
# 28.05.2008 3:04:02 -07:00
The steps I described in my first Post is all I did.
Frankly I'm didn't exactly understood from your words what is it that I can do to make it work.
# 01.06.2008 22:03:16 -07:00
What I ment was that in order to work with a custom work item control you must first create the control (obsviously) and then update the work item type definition on the TFS server. Nowdays you typically use the Process Template editor included in the Team Foundation Server Power Tools to update the work item type to contain a field of the type of the control and a form element referring to that control. When you have that in place just make sure the work item defintion isĀ uploaded to the TFS server correctly and then you may need to refresh the client (visual Studio) to actually see the updated work item form.

Does this make it clearer to you?
# 02.06.2008 5:57:52 -07:00
I suppose so, thanks.
# 02.06.2008 6:19:21 -07:00
Good. Just post again if you have more questions.